Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding

In the mid-80's, Ron and I decided to accept a job offer in San Juan Capistrano, California! We had no money to speak of! About $700 by the time we arrived in California!

We arrived on the California coast with a packed 280Z; including our newest family member, Henrietta, a pretty white rescue from the Japonica Street SPCA in New Orleans!

We couldn't afford an apartment when we arrived due to the fact we ONLY had $700! We rented a motel room that allowed pets and Ron went to work.  Poor as church mice, we finally struck a deal with a landlord to repair a condo ravaged by too many parties and druggies. It turned out to be a lovely rental after we totally renovated and redecorated!

Our time spent in California was wonderful. I think we'd still be there now if not for my unreasonable fear of earthquakes! We loved the food culture, the weather and the friendly people!

We particularly loved the Rose Bowl Antique show every month and found the garage and yard sales to be filled with wonderful finds! I found a box of pretty blue dishes with a the artist's signature and decided to make an investment. Today, after thirty-five years of moving the dishes I'm letting go of my pretty Vernon Kilns dishes! The pattern was Honolulu and they were signed by Disney Artist Don Blanding! 

I'm selling my collection on Ebay! I hope you'll take a peek! Here's to a great adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson