Honey and Sesame Wonton

 

I don't know the proper name for these crispy morsels but they are so delicious! I first sampled them fifteen years ago at a sushi buffet at the corner of Buford Hwy. and Shallowford Road in Atlanta. The restaurant shared the recipe and it couldn't be easier!

Sesame Wonton Sweets:

I cut wonton skins into strips, fried them in oil and drained them on paper towels. In a small saucepan I combined a cup of honey and 1/4 cup of water. I gently melted the mixture and removed it from the heat. Once cooled I spooned the honey on to the strips of wonton I had placed in a large bowl. I tossed the wonton coating everything well and finally added about 3 - 4 tablespoons of black and white sesame. I gave it another good toss and they are ready. The longer they sit the gooier the honey water gets! Yummy!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding