Since I am always showcasing my favorite spots from our travels around the world, I thought this year I would share a little about my hometown-Newnan,Georgia.

Before moving to Newnan I had never lived anywhere more than three years-genetic programming, I suppose! I was born at Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana to a career Air Force Master Sargeant. By the time I was two we shipped out on a military transport carrier headed for Turkey.

My husband and I live in one of five historic districts, The College-Temple Historic District and of course, I think ours is one of the prettiest districts. We are located a quick 35 minutes southwest of Atlanta and are one of the fastest growing counties in the state.

Newnan was fortunate during the Cival War to escape the wrath of Sherman, leaving us with a good inventory of antebellum structures.

Our house wasn't built until 1911 but is a stately Neo-classic Greek Revival with many unique features uncommon to the area. One of the most impressive features besides the 800 s.f tiled front porch is the inlaid bow-tie floors. Equally impressive are the 200 beveled panes of glass through out the house in doors and windows-making it a joy to watch the seasons change.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding