Spinach Artichoke Chicken



I don't know where to begin about the ease and delicious-ness of this simple grilled meal.

Our lives have become too complicated for me to cook for hours every night . . .so I depend on my knowledge of classic ingredients and a great glass of wine (!)

This is a classic "oysters rockefeller" stuffing with the addition of artichoke hearts and a small amount of mixed cheeses-in this case parmesan-reggiano, Colby and American cheese.

I started the topping by dicing a smoky bacon, lightly sauteeing the first batch, adding a second batch and cooking it a little more tenderly. Next, I added creamed spinach and quartered artichoke hearts. A little freshly squeezed lemon juice was added to brighten the ingredients before adding freshly minced garlic, homemade sourdough breadcrumbs. Everything was sauteed on low heat-making incorporated all the ingredients well. Finally, I added the cheeses in stages and reduced the heat.

The chicken breasts were pounded flat, coated with olive oil and grilled very quickly. A small 1/4 cup of the stuffing was mounded on top with the addition of a small amount of bread crumbs before placing my pan in a pre-heated broiler!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Sounds so delicious! I love artichokes with chicken. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!
Home At Last said…
We did, Teresa, thanks for asking. We attended a friend's Easter open house. It was very pleasant! How was yours! I know you it was pretty!!

We ate the last of this topping with the Picnic Salami from Pine Street Market that we bought at Saturday's Market Days. It was so delicious!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding