Raspberry Tonic


When I started my television show fourteen years ago, I suffered from terrible allergies. My eyes were puffy and swollen at 6 am and I hated the close-ups on live TV. I heard that models used Preparation H to relieve the puffiness and I remembered being embarrased to go to the store for tubes of the hemorrhoid medication.

Instead, I studied the active ingredients and set out to concoct my own natural tonic that might offer relief. Fourteen years later, this is the one product that I cannot live without. This, and my Lemon Chiffon Cream made of organic Shea butter, aloe and other oils-great for skin and hair.

The tonic is made of organic witch hazel and two types of tea, one of raspberry-scented tea and the other from the leaves of the raspberry plant. There is a little vitamin C and E to tighten the skin and aloe juice to heal and refresh.
I use it under make-up and to set my make-up. It perks up the skin and adds a glow when applied through-out the day.

As more young women fall victim to lethal cancers the responsibility to investigate ingredients found in our food, cosmetics and environmental cleaning products falls upon each of us. Understand and investigate what you are putting on your face and hair as well as what you ingest.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Great and informative post Patty. I agree with everything you said. I've told my children this for years regarding foods (husband too), but you know, they just have to figure it out on their own.
Home At Last said…
Thanks, Teresa!

Annie Joe Berkowitz was just named Coweta County's Citizen of the Year. I was fortunate to be with her the night she accepted her award.

As the head of the Cancer Survivors Network she often shares her alarm at the growing number of cases effecting women in their 20's and 30's.

Since I have just lost my 37-year old niece to breast and brain cancer I feel compelled to remind women to be aware of seemingly harmless products!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding