Louisiana State of Mind!


I'm sitting here about to enjoy a glass of Pinot Noir-staring at a photo from last night's dinner. It evokes everything I love about Louisiana cooking and triggers many happy food memories from my life in New Orleans.

This particular recipe triggers memories of a favorite restaurant in the late 70's-early 80's, The River Bend Restaurant. It sat almost at the corner of Carrollton and St. Charles Avenues and offered really wonderful Italian-inspired dishes using local ingredients!

One of my favorites was the crisp lightly-breaded calamari with a wonderful dipping sauce of butter, lemon and plenty of garlic! The pasta dishes were creamy and well-balanced like my crawfish pasta picture featured here!

I made this pasta in the most traditional NOLA fashion! Olive oil, butter, cream, freshly-squeezed lemon juice, garlic and plenty of plump Beaudreaux crawfish! I blended a young asiago cheese with an aged parmesan for a sinfully satisfying pasta experience!

This easy recipe will be featured on an upcoming episode of Home At Last! where I used my own freshly-prepared linguine. I'll pair it with a decadent double chocolate gelato!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding