Sweet Taters!


I'm about ready to harvest my one lone sweet potato! I don't know about you but I love to know how my favorite foods are grown and what conditions are required to have good success. This was a sweet potato top that I was about to discard when I made the decision to plant it in about two inches of very dark soil in a raised garden bed recently struck by my neighbor's falling tree. 

My big plans are cut ultra-thin sweet potato chips, deep fry them and serve them up with a Maytag blue cheese and enjoy my sweet potato as a delicious appetizer. 

What's for dessert? Two watermelons grown from seeds!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Eric Szvoboda said…
To have really good growth and success with gardening things that dont normally grow well in your yard, i would suggest getting a raised garden bed and put in the right soil in there and place it in the right spot as well. That will help you out a lot i think! good luck!
Home At Last said…
Thanks, Eric! I appreciate the words of wisdom. This bed is raised and everything seems to love the soil. Having been hit by a falling tree limb (a very large one) we're making plans to move it to a new sunny location!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding