Ribolita!




Ahh! Ribolita. Tuscan comfort food. I crave soups in the fall and this has to be one of my all-time favorites.

My friend, Ombretta, made Ribolita and sent it home for us one day when I was a little under the weather. My friend, Char, had recently passed away and I wasn't my usual adventurous self. Still a little weepy I stayed closed to home and was pretty quiet for most of our visit.

A beautiful basket of food was waiting for us one rainy day. I can still remember the aroma wafting up from the basket. What an incredible dinner we enjoyed that evening-along with a wonderful bottle of Enzo's chianti. There was Ribolita, Ragu with Polenta and wonderful bread and cheeses.

Ombretta had prepared all these delicious foods for a group of us that were to gather for a trek up a mountain with a picnic to follow. I'm sorry now that I missed it because our outings were such memorable occasions.

I have a pot of white cannelini soup of the stove. It's missing the black cabbage and Tuscan unsalted bread but I might just have to head to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and find the missing ingredients.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding