Atlanta's Summer Heats Up

My wild petunias have finally bloomed-marking the true beginning of Atlanta's summer months. My small garden is alive with activity including this bee who was so busy he didn't mind my camera in his face!

I picked my first nastursiums today and have slated them for a refreshing summer drink that I will showcase on Home At Last! this week. I am freezing pretty ice cubes filled with flowers and mint to garnish a refreshing drink of watermelon and lemonade. The versatility of the recipe as a punch or alcoholic drink makes it a natural for summertime entertaining.

Equally pleasing to children and adults, the drink is the perfect compliment to a Mexican menu - pairing well with tomatoes, cilantro, cumin and oregano!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding