Plum Good Galette


Fall weather presents the perfect weather for a plum galette with homemade blueberry syrup-using local blueberries. I also love this idea for an easy dessert at a garden party or ladies luncheon.
I made a simple cheese mixture with cottage cheese, neufchatel, cream cheese and a beaten egg. ( I didn't add the beaten egg until the morning) The plums were tossed with brown sugar, a dash of lemon juice and vanilla to brighten the flavors.
This morning all I had left to do was cut my puff pastry using a small fluted tart pan with removable bottom. I baked the puff pastry and the pastry cream for fifteen minutes before putting the sliced plums on top. I baked the galettes for another ten minutes until the puff pastry was golden and crispy and the plums softened a bit.
The results were a delicately sweetened galette with a clean taste and a wonderful delicate crispness.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Aimie said…
Great looking dish! Make me hungry!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding