The Deep Freeze Zone

I've been on a quest to use up items stored in the "deep freeze" zone! Surprisingly, the meals created from these mystery ingredients have yielded some pretty awesome and quick dinners.

I had a thought today that I might have need for a "freezer journal". As I add foods to my freezers I would place a dated entry in my freezer journal. Just a thought. My current method of writing on the zipper bag works fine if I bother to write on the bag. I've also had success placing a note in the freezer bag filled with individually packaged tablespoons of items such as tomato paste.

A recent dig revealed a lost bag of lightly-smoked picnic ham from the Porchetta episode of Home At Last! It was well-wrapped in foil and placed in a freezer bag.  Thawed and sampled I was pleased with its condition after three months of excile in "the zone".

Paired with a small amount of homemade bbq sauce (also from the depths of my fridge) and a quick slaw of cabbage, fresh spinach, a miso dressing combined with a little mayo and a couple tablespoons of ranch dressing we were enjoying a Pork BBQ sandwich that rivaled most of the joints in our area!
Lightly-smoked Shoulder Roast

Cabbage Spinach Slaw with Miso-Sesame Dressing

BBQ Pork with Asian Slaw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding