Flower Bed



I love whimsy in the garden and this is such a great conversation piece. Thanks to Aliree Helton for her imaginative use of an old iron bed.

While my "plate" at home is busy with dusty renovations, it has created a window of opportunity to plan next year's garden. I have been busy with seed drying and trying to understand gardening techniques that will ensure my success with new ideas. So far I have dried peach pits, prune plums, "killer" mini-beefstake seeds, pablano and some extra sweet green/red peppers.

As my husband and I prepare to re-open our Bed and Breakfast, I look forward to growing edible flowers to decorate plates at breakfast-along with useful veggies, herbs and fruits that will make their way into some of our old breakfast favorites.

Last night we enjoyed a French Potato Omelette with fresh tomatoes and Triple Cream Brie from France. Crunchy bits of fried potato provide a great contrast to the creaminess of the brie and softly cooked eggs.

Our new name for the Bed and Breakfast will be Casa Bella and will offer guests a totally updated look from the previous inn. We are excited to welcome visitors from around the world and showcasing our beautiful county and artistically-gifted residents!  We hope you will visit often for updates and watch for our opening in late fall!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

How exciting. I am excited to follow along for the "re-opening"! Sounds like exciting times in the Gironda household!!
Randi
Home At Last said…
I am going to post some pictures of some of the projects. I also think of you when I select pretty fabrics!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding