Mother Earth's Children


As a small girl I loved Elizabeth Gordon's Flower Children-one of several volumes of children's poetry that was offered as a "gift with purchase" when a set of encyclopedias was purchased. I would sit for hours on the floor of my parent's closet studying the artwork and enjoying the short poems written by Elizabeth Gordon.

I have since managed to locate several of the old books online and once again enjoy reading the three volumes that I have collected: Flower Children, Mother Earth's Children and Bird Children.

Mother Earth's Children: The Frolics of the Fruits and Vegetables is open on my desk and I can still remember the emotions that I experienced as a small girl when I read the poems as I studied the "children".

One of my favorite pages was "Mrs. Peach". Here's what Mrs. Peach had to say back in 1939 . . .

"Our family's not hard to suit," said Mrs. Peach. "We're simple fruit; We like most any kind of weather if the sun shines, and we're together."

So simple, so sweet!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding