Soft Shell Crab Po-boys With Remolade Sauce

 

Finally, I was able to get some soft shell crabs! They ended up the feature on Home At Last! this week! For the show I made a Soft Shell Crab Po-boy and delivered it to a friend who was craving a taste of New Orleans.

I paid attention to every detail and complimented the crab with an easy remolade sauce. The bread was my own and we were estactic with the flavor and texture provided with a new Italian flour.

Here's my easy recipe for Remoulade Sauce.

1 cup of mayonnaise (or 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup English Salad Cream)
1 1/2 tbsp creole mustard
1 1/2 tbsp bread and butter pickles (chopped fine)
1 clove of finely chopped garlic
1 tsp creole seasoning
1/2 tsp of fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce
1/2 tbsp of Worchestirshire Sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp chopped green onion
Posted by Picasa

Comments

I love me some soft shell crab and your remolade sounds delicious!
Mary Cunningham said…
We used to get the best shrimp remoulade salad at Ruth's Chris in New Orleans, but haven't been able to find a decent remoulade sauce since then.

I can't wait to try this one!

Mary
Home At Last said…
This recipe is really easy!

We used to eat something similar at Tujaques in the Quarter.

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding