Fig and Mamey Syrup and Peach Bliss Protein Shake

 
 

I created a syrup of Black Mission Figs (3 pints) by covering the figs with sparkling white grape juice and adding about a cup of chopped Mamey Fruit. I added 1/4 cup of sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of very good vanilla. I cooked the fruit until the liquid was a beautiful burgundy color and strained off the first batch of syrup.

I added another 1/4 cup of white grape juice and 2 tbsp of grenadine syrup and allowed the fruit to cook for another ten minutes. I put the fruit into a strainer fitted inside another strainer. I mashed the fruit with the back of a spoon through the strainer, allowing the liquid to flow from the fruit into a large bowl.

Out of the three pints of figs and cup of Mamey fruit I extracted 4 cups of syrup.

For the Protein Shake:

1 large skinned peach, chopped
1 small blueberry yogurt
1/2 cup 2 percent milk
2 tbsp Fig and Mamey syrup
3 scoops of Vanilla Soy Protein Powder
1 cup of ice

Blend ingredients until smooth.
Serves 2
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Fin said…
I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. نكهات مونين

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding