Spinach Pie



This is one of those dishes that really isn't a recipe as much as it is a collection of ingredients. I must have been needing the vitamins out of the spinach. This big, pretty box of baby spinach was just sitting there look all delicious.

I wanted something a little more special that sauteed or creamed spinach-although I love both of those dishes, too. So, this was the very satisfying dish that I created rather effortlessly. A spinach pie with a little freshly grated nutmeg and white wine. Nothing too over the top but wonderfully satisfying.

I used ricotta, Parmesan and a baby Swiss cheese with 3 eggs, a little chopped ham, freshly dried basil, a grating of nutmeg and a small 1/8 cup of white wine along with about 4 cups of baby spinach. The mixture was seasoned with a scant pinch of Tandoori spice, 2 tsp of garlic olive oil and about a half cup of milk.

The Tandoori spices were a nice compliment to the fresh nutmeg and enhanced the nutty sweetness developed with the addition of the baby Swiss cheese.

It baked at about 375 degrees for about 50 minutes.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Theresa111 said…
I love pie and spinach, too. This is a lovely recipe. Would you consider adding it over at half Hour meals, under your recipe tab? I am certain members would love this dish! It takes about 24 hours for them to be uploaded.
Oh, Patti does this ever look and sound good!
Home At Last said…
Thanks to both of you. As I said, not much of a recipe, just great ingredients! I will write up something for the Half Hour meals! Thanks for asking.

Teresa, this would be good for your luncheons.

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding