TEAM USA




I've only imagined this beautiful crop of heirloom peaches for twelve or thirteen years!

 I finally have my bumper crop of delicate raspberry-scented peaches!

 No one seems to recognize them other than the kind gentleman who trekked through the woods here in Coweta County, GA (over twelve years ago) to select the healthy young specimen and deposit the young tree on my front doorstep.

O.K., there were a few glasses of wine...a little nodding off , BUT, we have our twenty pounds of peeled 3" peaches!!

Go, TEAM USA! Our fingers sore, our elbows tired....happily, we are only halfway through the tree.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Hi Patty, I believe it to be what the French call a Vineyard peach or Vigne du Peche. The one I have is my latest ripening peach with a picking date around the second week of October. It, too has an intense raspberry flavor to it.

Here's a link to some jam I made from it; looks more like blackberry jam: http://tallcloverfarm.com/gem-of-a-jama-recipe-for-preserving-summer/

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding