A Girl's Gotta Eat!

Prickly Heat Pousse Cafe

Grilled Black Forest Ham, Triple Cream Brie and Garden-fresh Tomatoes
Admittedly, this lunch is a little out of the ordinary!

It's time to "put up" seasonal fruits and veggies-not leaving much time for much else! So quick sandwiches and leftovers are on the daily menu at our house!

I cooked peaches and prickly pears last night! The pickled peaches are canned-leaving another ten or so pounds for syrup and preserves.

The Prickly Pears were reduced into a fabulous syrup that we use for drinks. I call my Pousse Cafe cocktail "Prickly Heat"! It's fabulously smooth and is an artful layering of tequila, prickly pear syrup and half and half! It was P-R-E-T-T-Y good lunch fare served with our grilled ham, French Triple Brie AND garden-fresh tomatoes.

There are some serious health benefits associated to the cactus and the prickly pear!  Thankfully, it is more widely available at the markets and as a processed syrup but the best way to consume it is fresh from the cactus!  

SALUD!

Posted by Picasa

Comments

I have been staring at that sandwich for way too long. It's on my menu for tomorrow's lunch! (Once I coax a couple tomatoes into a riper state.) Thank you kindly.
Home At Last said…
It is a heavenly sandwich! My little tomatoes were just turning and it was perfect! Let me know what you think!

I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding