Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Asian-inspired Grilled Pork Chops





My husband paraded into our kitchen and announced that he intended to make pork chops for dinner. I was shocked and immediately overcome with feelings of disorientation and waves of dizziness. When I finally composed myself he had returned from the grocery store with a large package of good looking chops, 3 apples and some cleaned broccoli florets. "He's serious", I thought to myself.

As dinnertime rolled around he mentioned that he hoped I would prep for him. "No problem", I said. "What can do to help?

"Could you do your magic on the chops?" . . . "and what do you want done to the apples?" . . . "steamed broccoli . . .is that O.K.?"

I worked my magic on the chops, tried a new grilled apple that I first parboiled with red pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon and threw the broccoli in an half inch of water and steamed it, strained it and sauteed the cooked florets with a small amount of Olivio.

Then, I waited.

I nibbled a little here and there.
At 9:30 HE came looking for food.

By 10:30 we sat down to some fine pork chops. We had a lively discussion about "what he meant"!

His offer was that he was going to "grill" the pork chops!


Grilled Asian-inspired Pork Chops

Dash of Red Pepper Oil
1 tbsp garlic olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dark Soy
1 tsp. rice vinegar or other white vinegar
1 tsp mango powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1/4 cup orange-pineapple juice

Marinate chops for at least one hour and place on a hot grill for about 8-10 minutes. 

Posted by Picasa
Post a Comment