Asian-inspired Grilled Pork Chops





My husband paraded into our kitchen and announced that he intended to make pork chops for dinner. I was shocked and immediately overcome with feelings of disorientation and waves of dizziness. When I finally composed myself he had returned from the grocery store with a large package of good looking chops, 3 apples and some cleaned broccoli florets. "He's serious", I thought to myself.

As dinnertime rolled around he mentioned that he hoped I would prep for him. "No problem", I said. "What can do to help?

"Could you do your magic on the chops?" . . . "and what do you want done to the apples?" . . . "steamed broccoli . . .is that O.K.?"

I worked my magic on the chops, tried a new grilled apple that I first parboiled with red pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon and threw the broccoli in an half inch of water and steamed it, strained it and sauteed the cooked florets with a small amount of Olivio.

Then, I waited.

I nibbled a little here and there.
At 9:30 HE came looking for food.

By 10:30 we sat down to some fine pork chops. We had a lively discussion about "what he meant"!

His offer was that he was going to "grill" the pork chops!


Grilled Asian-inspired Pork Chops

Dash of Red Pepper Oil
1 tbsp garlic olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Dark Soy
1 tsp. rice vinegar or other white vinegar
1 tsp mango powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1/4 cup orange-pineapple juice

Marinate chops for at least one hour and place on a hot grill for about 8-10 minutes. 

Posted by Picasa

Comments

so who ended up grilling them? or is that a silly question?
Home At Last said…
no, he grilled them!

But if I would mention that-then I would also have to mention that he's really getting good on the infrared grill.

this blog was about how you men say one thing and we women hear something totally different. . .do you feel my frustration?

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding