Grilled Chicken, Roasted Pepper and Provolone Sandwiches

You know how you get stuck on a combo of flavors? Well, this flavor combo is in my head and I have to indulge it when the mood strikes.

Grilled pounded chicken breast, fire-roasted red peppers sauteed with a chiffonade of fresh basil, olive oil, Kosher salt, and some great aged cheeses.

Last night's dinner was spaghetti tossed with all the cooked ingredients and about a half a cup aged Asiago cheese,
For the grilled sandwiches I opted for a provolone, another favorite of mine. I chose that for the sandwich because it melts so beautifully!
The only secret I have for all of this - I saute the roasted peppers first with olive oil and then deglaze that pan with my fig balsamic before grilling the pounded breast in a little more olive oil. Kosher salt right at the end and viola!
I didn't even bother with a panini grill. I just pulled out another non-stick pan, added a little olive oil and we were enjoying tender succulent grilled chicken sandwiches in under a half-hour!

Comments

Man that sound (and looks) delicious!
Home At Last said…
You know, this is one of those recipes that could easily be made into an item on a buffet. This is a fabulous sandwich! But I could imagine it as a golden round with a puree of smoked chicken,red pepper mousse and bed of melted provolone!
Home At Last said…
You know, this is one of those recipes that could easily be made into an item on a buffet. This is a fabulous sandwich! But I could imagine it as a golden round with a puree of smoked chicken,red pepper mousse and bed of melted provolone!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding