Crawfish Etouffe


Crawfish Stock
I'm preparing for a taping of my show tomorrow and Crawfish Etouffe is on the menu!
Because I live in a house with a person allergic to most crusteceans-I am estatic to make this for Home At Last viewers and ultimately, dinner!
What is it about the small, fresh-water, lobster-like crawfish that makes him okay with one crustecean-but not the next? It's a mystery! I have to wonder if the mercury levels in the fresh water are substancially lower than the salt water crusteceans.
I'm pairing the crawfish etouffee with a salad of roasted beets, (thanks Linda), a champagne "caramelized" pear and my last few blood oranges. I am planning a light blue cheese dressing and a few toasted walnuts!

I'm all about the beautiful waltz in my head when it comes to pairings! I can sense the sweetness of the caramalized pear alongside the beautiful raspberry-scented Moro orange sections and know that they will bring a nice balance to the spicey Etouffee!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Catherine said…
I have never had crawfish,but I 99.9% sure that I would like it. The settings are beautiful. Blessings, Catherine
Home At Last said…
Thank you, Catherine. The crawfish taste like little lobsters. Ron is beside himself that he is eating crawfish! The house is filled with "yums"!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding