"Bake Me A Pretty Cake"


This and a few reindeer plates can totally evoke the Christmas Spirit in me! The colors and the theme are so cheerful and fill me with a sense of anticipation for the days leading up to Christmas Day.

I sat down with my Mystery Chef Cookbooks today-as well as my Southern Living, mentioned in the previous post!

I have narrowed my holiday baking to a family favorite . . .a rich chocolate layer cake with raspberry drizzled deep into the layers, plumped by layers of fresh whipped cream blended with creamy marscapone. This luscious creation is then draped in a shiny chocolate ganache and served up to delighted guests!

Another Christmas favorite comes from a Woman's Day Cookie Edition from the early 90's. A vanilla sandwich cookie filled with jam and decorated to resemble holly! Easy but festive.

Ron and I have discussed it and think it might be time to pump up the volume on these holiday tasties by dipping them in white chocolate!

What's your favorite cookie recipe?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding