Thanksgiving Favorites!






One of my favorite things about being the Thanksgiving cook is being responsible for everyone's favorites-although my son wants Ron to bake Pecan Pie and he's created his "masterpiece" today and I can't wait to taste it.

Over the years I have shared some of my secrets and easy techniques for getting professional results. Good job, Ronald McDonald.

Colleen, my daughter-in-law loves roasted meats, roasted potatoes and fresh bread. Tuscan-style Roasted Golden Yukons with homemade Sourdough Bread Crumbs and a large golden loaf of my wonderful Italian bread.

Ron loves sweet potatoes, dressing and gravy. For me-it's all about the dressing and cranberries. My mother always made the best cornbread dressing and I continue her methods today.

I realized today that I also have favorite cookbooks that I pull out during this special time of the year. My favorite sitting on the counter today is the 1981 edition of Southern Living. Within the pages are recipes that most closely match my idea of a perfect Southern holiday meal.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding