Thanksgiving Blues!


Mixed Peppers and Blueberries



Cranberry Conserve with Pears and Walnuts


Flavored sparkling cranberry adds more flavor than water!
Posted by Picasa

With such a small family gathering this year, I decided to step out a little and serve an untraditional menu.  The menu is Blueberry Hot-Sauce Glazed Cornish Hens, Tuscan-style Roasted Potatoes, Sweet Potato Souffles, Minted Peas, Cornbread Dressing and my Cranberry Conserve with Walnuts. 

I've started several of the components today and the delightful scent of blueberries, cranberries and hot, hot peppers collides with our noses as we enter the house!

Would you believe that my earlier summer batches of Raspberry and Fig Infused Hot Sauces are gone?  I posted the pictures at the end of summer using fellow blogger, Susan Coggins' wonderful mixed bag of peppers.  We created a roast Hot Wing recipe especially for Ron-who is trying to lose a little weight!  The wings are his specialty now and he does them well!

With the success of the wings I decided to create a blueberry hot sauce with a batch of blueberries that I froze at the end of the season.  I plan to butterfly the hens and roast them on my infrared grill for a tender, spicy bird with low fat and high flavor.  The birds will marinade overnight in olive oil and the blueberry hot sauce! YUMMY!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding