Stuffed Roasted Pablanos





This is two-pot cooking at it's best-enhanced by very fresh ingredients!

One pot, one baking dish and you have an authentic Mexican meal with so little effort. The secret lies in the authenticity of the ingredients. Fresh Pablano chiles, cilantro, Anchiote chile flavoring the sauteed chicken, Mexican-style rice, a small amount of salt and Asadero Cheese-one of my favorite Mexican cheeses.

I par-boiled fresh pablano peppers in a little salted water for seven or so minutes. The seeds are removed, the chiles cleaned and split before placing them in an oiled two-person baking dish. Allowing one chile per person, I layer the peppers with Ro-Tel tomatoes, garlic olive oil, the minced chicken flavored with the Anchiote chile, cilantro, Mexican-style rice and a small amount of the Asadero Cheese.

I bake the chiles for twenty minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted. It's a good idea to rest the dish before serving. Serve with a small dollop of sour cream, some fresh-chopped cilantro and a little tomato . . . and you'll be dancing around your sombrero!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

This looks so good Patty. I wan't to get back to cooking for myself. THis may be the one I get started with.
I almost cried reading the post before this on your pets. My two are getting on as well and it breaks my heart.
I also am getting caught up on the renovations to Casa Bella. It looks fantastic. You are one busy woman!!!!!!
Home At Last said…
We have had to put our heads down and go! It's starting to take shape!

Dunkin is still here-he stopped eating for a few days but has fought back. He has always been a strong dog!

The stuffed Pablanos are easy, easy. I have the best Indian cumin and it really delivers the Mexican flavor.

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding