Happy St. Paddy's Day

In celebration of my own Irish heritage and my husband's Irish grandmother we are enjoying the day with Reuben Sandwiches, homemade Thousand Island Dressing and Amish-made Sauerkraut. The recipe that follows was given to me by my mother. I changed the water at the half way point to reduce the saltiness.

Gertrude Lynch, Ron's grandmother was 100% Irish from NYC. For Gertrude, St.Paddy's Day was to be celebrated with a little wearin' o' the green! Ron remembers being ordered home to put on his green in honor of the day! His grandmother would then issue a note to the principal explaining his tardiness. He swears he was in high school!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding