Rainy Day in Georgia Pecan Rolls

It's rained all day and there wasn't much to do but stay inside and find something fun to do-besides work!

I always have frozen pizza dough in the freezer for days like this. In a hurry I can pull together small pizzas or pizza pockets – stuffed full of savory goodness and a little cheese.

If the bag happens to have two loaves in it I bake gooey little pecan rolls with the leftover dough. And that's exactly what went down. I had an extra loaf just sitting there with "goo-ey" written all over it!

I pulled out an oversized muffin tin and opted for six buns. The dough was rolled into a long rectangle about 8 x 20 inches. I tried reversing the roll-working from the short side rather than the traditional square. It was easier to manage and allowed for more turns. More turns-more sugar and pecans. Once sliced the pieces fit perfectly into a greased muffin tin.

Before placing the pieces in the muffin tin I added 2 chopped pecan halves and a little sugar to each greased muffin recess.

I cooked them at 425 degrees for about 18 minutes and started watching them after that. Using the tin changed the timing slightly but they were gooey and delicious.

One other experiment that yielded great results was substituting Neuchatel cheese for a portion of the butter. I also added two tablespoons of Olivio. The results were delicious and I was able to wrap the prepared dough for another rainy day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding