Lavender and Pink Peppercorns


 
I love the reactions that lavender and pink peppercorns evoke out of the general public.  I have used both to flavor and adorn foods. 
I often pare lavender with my honey creme sauce to add a soft, floral scent for the nose before the silkiness of the honey touches the tonque.  It's a very sensual paring that creates a sense of well-being. (Lavender is often used to infuse baths; creating a sense of calm.)
The pick peppercorn, not of the pepper plant, is best used as a pretty garnish for dishes that might need a little color. . .like a period at the end of the sentence.
My favorite use of them is for a dish of pork medallions with a simple cream sauce.  It's a light dish and only requires a few of the pretty little buds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding