Whole Grain Pasta with White Beans and Black Olives



I find myself going back to the same conversation about saving money and time. . .and still creating delicious, healthy meals at home.
The gnocchi that I made early in the week were somewhat of a "cheat". I just can't indulge every craving and have to make substitutions that still deliver the results we have come to expect from eating out.
The substitution in my cream sauce was homemade vegetable stock, a tablespoon of flour and a little half and half and a bit more 2% milk. AND, a great German whisk that makes a ultra smooth sauce of anything! It takes practice-but I challange anyone to really taste the difference. There is so much flavor, texture and substance that it really doesn't seem like much of a sacrifice!
Tonight's meal was my leftover cream sauce, Goya White Beans (delicious) and canned black olives. Most of the added flavor came from slivered fresh garlic and the addition of my own garlic olive oil. The pasta was whole grain angel hair; one of the best ways to adventure into whole grain pasta.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

You're so ingenious & creative!
Home At Last said…
Thanks,but I can't really take credit for this. This is really a great Tuscan knock-off. White beans are an important ingredient in Tuscan cooking. They offer great protein and fiber!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding