Miso Soup with Egg





Miso Soup is one of my favorite soups and according to Dr. Oz, a food that should be eaten regularly to boost the immune system-along with garlic, carrots, papaya, and elderberry juice. 

I was able to work a few of these ingredients into my chicken lo mein and combine cabbage and romaine lettuce with the dark roasted miso for a hearty winter soup that was perfect for a cold, cold night.  Notice the boiled egg, a Korean ingredient often found in noodle pots. 

I added the hard-boiled egg during the final stages and allowed the egg to simmer for a slightly chewy egg that adds loads of great flavor and texture.  Red miso is the final ingredient; dissolved in some cooled stock and added just before serving.

I used a red miso paste for a more robust soup.  Both dishes used less than one chicken breast and I boiled the chicken in the water to make my soup stock before added the miso, seaweed, bonito flakes, cabbage and lettuce. 


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding