Coconut Milk and Vanilla Custard

 

My husband loves Pina Coladas and borders on embarrassing with his passion for the goo-ey drinks with pretty umbrellas. However, I still love to make his favorite drinks and foods and found inspiration in his passion for the coconut/pineapple flavor combo.

I used a can of coconut milk, 1/4 cup of honey, a one inch piece of a vanilla bean, 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and 3 egg yolks beaten and streamed into the mixture very slowly. The mixture was whisked continually until I removed it from the heat. It was cooled for ten minutes before putting it into the fridge.

It set up beautifully and hopefully will make it to nightfall. I have grilled pineapple and will combine it with with a little dark rum, sugar and a teeny bit of butter for a decadent topping.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

I am with your husband on this one - best not left alone or it will be gone!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding