Seared Redfish

 

Now that I have two pounds of peanuts made it just made sense to create a dinner that could take advantage of their crispy, sweet flavor!

On a trip earlier in the afternoon I picked up a nice piece of redfish and a box of greens. I opted for field greens- all our favorite toppings including grape tomatoes, cukes and black olives. I made a quick Japanese-style potato salad with Kewpie Mayonnaise, Wasabi Oil and chives.

The basting sauce was a combination of fish sauce, fig balsamic, rice vinegar, my peanut sugar mixture, dark soy, olive oil and a teaspoon of plum sauce.

The salad was fabulous-with tender, perfectly-seared fish-topped with the crunchy chopped peanuts! I used the salad dressing from last week and drizzled a small amount of the basting sauce on each salad!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding