Medjool Dates

 

I never think to blog about my favorite restaurants but as I photograph my big box (eleven pounds) of medjool dates I drifted off to one of my favorite Persian (Iranian) restaurants on Roswell Road in Atlanta, Persepolis.

Sinfully warm flatbread (made on the premises), large sweet medjool dates, a creamy Baltic feta cheese served with large flavorful walnuts and perfectly seasoned hummus are a few of the items in abundance on the lunchtime buffet.

Lamb, chicken and beef stews and a variety of roasted kabobs-all served with aromatic rice studded with raisins and lentils are available off the menu and on the weekday buffet.

Service is attentive and friendly. The experience always leaves me craving more.

Still full from my meal I head straight to the store up front to purchase some of the hard to find items for my pantry. Sumac, black cumin, file powder and hard to find spices and herbs are my favorite reasons to shop this exotic shop. But the cheeses, figs, walnuts and dried beans and pea selection are just pure fun!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding