Tuscan Bread and Potato Scramble

 
 
 
 

With a "honey-do list" a mile long, there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything life demands! It's important for me to make a list and move items up and down.

Getting the pool ready for the first hot day was suddenly moved to the top of the list...

I don't have a fancy cape or anything "super hero-ish" but in the summer I'm known by family and friends as "Aqua Girl" I pretty much hang out by the pool-ready and willing to prepare light meals and cocktails whenever I am needed.

My busy week didn't leave much time to cook but I did manage to bake two loaves of Tuscan bread and six roasted potatoes. I made BLT's with one loaf of the bread. (Very good BLT's) When the bread started drying out I made this scramble with the potatoes and leftover bread.

My inspiration behind the scramble was from our innkeeping days. We served a wildly popular French Potato Omelet. The scramble is all the taste without the work.

For the scramble or omelette. . .

I boil red potatoes until they are tender and remove them to a bowl where I dress them with olive oil, kosher salt, paprika, cumin and chives. After a half hour I place them on a piece of marble inside my hot grill for another hour. I put a jar of water inside the grill to keep the heat low enough ensure even heat.

 
Posted by Picasa

When I'm ready to make the scramble I coat the pan with 4 or tablespoons of olive oil and add the bread, the potatoes, fresh chives and a super fine grating of an aged cheddar. When everything turns golden I flip it and do the same for the other side, adding lightly beaten eggs and a little more aged cheddar.

The recipe for the bread is listed on Home At Last in the Recipe Section!

Click Here To View.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding