The Cat Is Away . . .

 
 
 

O.K., so I have leftover brown rice, a tin of roasted eel and musago! Table for one, please!

On a recent trip to H-Mart I could see a crowd gathering around a cooking demonstration and made my way over to see what was cooking. As I approached the kiosk a woman was turning out the sheerest pieces of seasoned seaweed sheets with the help of a large conveyor belt and oven. Fascinated, my eyes were glued to the belt as it roasted and dried the seaweed. Still warm, the crowd was offered delicate, melt-in-you-mouth sheets of bliss.

Of course, I bought a package for home and tucked it neatly away in the Asian section of my pantry. Wondering what I would make myself for dinner tonight I remembered that Ron had suggested sushi! I had all the ingredients on hand, including eel and a free night to myself.

I question that the intended purpose of these delicate sheets is sushi-I thought possibly it might be intended for seaweed soup or some other tasty delicacy.

But still wanting to experience the delicate nature of the sheets I opted for roasted eel and musago sushi bites. The sheets were tough to roll but after cutting the pieces I wrapped a ribbon of seaweed around the bites and they held together long enough to be enjoyed!

The bites included roasted eel, seaweed salad, musago, brown rice and a small amount of cream cheese and black and white sesame!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

looks great...really great!
Home At Last said…
Sadly, the only thing missing was an Asahi beer!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding