Poolside

 

Yesterday was a nearly perfect day!

The sun was bright, the air dry and the pollen almost finished! The rains this past weekend washed away most of the residue and finally, I could sit by the pool and relax!

Being in the initial stages of my first cookbook I have many organizational tasks ahead of me. I enjoy the process and find the work pleasant. Happily, the evening provided an opportunity for some quiet "alone" time with my food journal, pen and shaker of one of my favorite frosty cocktails.

Now that I'm thinking about it I wasn't totally alone . . . I think I had one cat on me, one on the table next to me, Zena was three feet away with another cat, Max, who believes Zena to be his mother!

The days are once again delightfully long, adding so much pleasure to each of my days. Not being an early morning person I can sleep until 10 and work quietly into the night.

The day was a great success, the bread rose and baked perfectly, the sushi was fresh and satifying and the cocktails were lovely by the pool!

I don't have a name for this but is the perfect shade of sable.

1 1/2 oz of dark rum
1/2 oz tia maria
1/2 oz dark creme de cacao
1 tsp marachino cherry syrup
1/2 oz 2% milk

Pour ingredients into a shaker with one cup crushed ice.
Stir until well-chilled and strain into a martini glass.
Garnish with a cherry.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding