Easter Sunday

 
 

Still feeling a little under the weather, there doesn't seem to be much need for elaborate meals and long days of cooking! Instead, I have used my time this weekend to celebrate Easter with small projects . . . making bread, a sophisticated Peach and Almond Upside Down Cake and planting topiaries for the house.

I soaked some early peaches in sugar and a dessert wine from Carlo Basso. Blanched almonds were added to the sugar mixture before adding the soaked peaches to the cast iron skillet! The results: a light, crunchy texture that made a delightful cake!

The bread is the pane recipe that I use to make pizza dough! As good as it is for pizza dough-it was even better as crunchy small loaves that we snacked on today! I put a bowl of water in the oven to crisp up the dough and I don't think the results could have any better!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding