Mystery Peaches

 
 

It's hard to believe that these pinky-red beauties are peaches. Back in March I shot beautiful images of the spectacular blooms that laced my pretty little tree! And for the first time since planting the tree I had a treeload of small peaches.

I am having a difficult time identifying the variety and if anyone recognizes the 2 1/2 - 3 inch peach I would appreciate some help!

It could not be a more perfect peach for my taste! Sweet, somewhat firm cling peaches. The flesh is a brilliant pinky-red with a distinct raspberry peach taste! I mean, come on! Perfect on a delicate angel food cake, next year I will take the production much more seriously, ensuring that not one small peach ever hits the ground!

If you remember from my earlier blog, I remembered the name as a King peach-at least part of the name. I remember because my great-grandfather on my mother's side was a King, from Serepta, Louisiana.

The gentleman who plucked my small tree from the wild assured me this was a proper pickling pear! I don't know if I would spare a few of these delicious beauties for vinegar-they are much too spectacular!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding