Limoge Monograms

 

 

 


One of the many reasons I enjoy our old house, even though it continues to be too big for two people, is that I occasionally stumble upon old forgotten trinkets. Yesterday, I opened a cabinet under the staircase and enjoyed some of my beautiful keepsakes-artfully displayed for maximum enjoyment.

I'm looking forward to cooler weather so that I can make the climb into our 1200 sf of attic space. It's hung with old pictures and strewn with boxes of goodies. Bolts of fabric casually piled in a corner remind me of my decorating days in Atlanta-so long ago!

Since I rarely go to the attic it doesn't feel like my space-which makes for a fun afternoon rediscovering box contents and poking through the bolts of pretty fabric.

I enjoy the cabinet under the stairs so much that when it's time to wash the contents I take pictures of the arrangement so that each beautiful piece goes back into its rightful place. Over the next few months I'll share the contents of my cabinet and travel stories attached to each piece.


This beautiful set of Limoge china is a dessert set with a gold monogrammed "F" on the plates. I was drawn to the set for two reasons-my maiden name is Foster and the delicate handpainted violets are one of my favorite flowers. There are five dessert plates, 6 cups and saucers, a dessert tray and a sugar with no lid. It is made of sheer porcelain-so much so that when you hold it up to the light-you can see light through each piece.

With the delicate nature of these pieces it has been a miracle that the set has survived intact for seventeen years. I have used it on Home At Last! through out the years and feature it on my website in one of my headers. The pretty little cake with wild violet sits on one of the saucers.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

I know it's a sin to covet things but sometimes I do covet my trinkets. Really though if I lost them all today that'd be okay with me, that would just mean fun new things to discover!
Your set here is so beautiful. I love the violets too. Thanks for sharing.
Home At Last said…
I feel the same way about possessions. They are enjoyable but not to be swapped for quality time spent with friends and family!
Those are absolutely beautiful.
Home At Last said…
Thanks, Randi-Sue, I love this set! It was a wonderful find and something I never get tired of admiring.

I have been scouring the pages of
FABRICS.com for the perfect fabrics for a couple of projects. Thanks for the lead!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding