Pan-Fried Chicken With Risotto




Just a little hint of coolness in the air and I am transported to one of our favorite Tuscan villages, Terranouva.

We have traveled to Tuscany several times in early fall to catch a great airfare deal but it has become one of our favorite times to visit Italy.

There are all sorts of festivals, including Perugia's chocolate festival- positioned between ancient buildings, fabulous museums and, oh yeah. . .lots and lots of chocolate-the only other place I remember anyone ever shoving chocolate at me was in my dreams!

I didn't start the blog to ramble on about chocolate . . . I intended to share this ingenious Knorr product



from the IPER store-Porcini-flavored cubes. I found them last night tucked away in the back of one of my cupboards. I made a pan-fried version of the Pollo Al Mattone and served a delicious risotto with porcini and field greens. It was authentically Tuscan.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

porcini knorr swiss?! - I gotta have some....this whole meal is about as comforting as a meal can get!
Home At Last said…
It was a nice surprise when I saw it in the cupboard. I usually have a big stock of dried on hand but couldn't find a single porcini . . .this really added a lot of flavor to the risotto!

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding