Tahini-Panini

 
 

I don't use enough Tahina in a year to pay for a large jar . . .only to watch it turn rancid.

So I create a more relaxed Italian version of a Chick Pea spread that delivers amazing flavor, a rich, smooth texture and loads of vitamins and fiber.

For two cans of Italian chickpeas, I strain the off the liquid, add three to four tablespoons of my homemade garlic oil, add four or five cloves of fresh garlic, 2 tbsp of white sesame seeds, 1 - 2 tsp of sesame oil and a tsp of fresh lemon juice. I use a pinch of kosher salt to round it all out.

I love this milder version. It's so tasty served on top of my fire-roasted bread or as in this picture with my homemade cracker bread.I've topped it with fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes tossed in a little fig balsamic vinegar!

A small grating of pecorino cheese on top! And my husband tells me I have given him new reasons to come home at night!

Hey, whatever it takes!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacque Pepin's Chicken Liver Pate

Artist-Walter Anderson

Vernon Kilns Honolulu By Don Blanding